Youth Unrealistic in a Counterfeit World

. Sunday, December 7

Meet Dr. Jeffrey Life of the Cenegenics Medical Institute in Las Vegas who will turn 70 on Dec. 25. In this photo, he is 67 and it serves as an ad for the Institute's specialization of "age management." His regimen - exercise, eating right, and injections of growth hormones and testosterone.

Social pressure and the resulting lack of self-esteem drives thriving industries such as weight-loss fads, herbal remedies, cosmetic surgery to restore youth or delay aging. Coupled with the increasing trend in articles screaming that too many of us are obese and unhealthy and you've hit the motherlode. Society demands youth, a completely unrealistic ideal. We all age! Get over it already.

I would like to know why no one wants the truth of the matter. How are we supposed to be slim and healthy when all the foods available for purchase are bastardized beyond recognition? Processed, purified, homogenized, additives added, hormones, antibiotics, manufactured, mass produced, genetically altered, sweetened, salted beyond belief... It's a wonder our bodies work at all.

I have one word for this photo and the good doctor's ideal body: Yuck! It's as counterfeit as our diet.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoa! I definitely did a double-take. He's got a great body but man, injecting growth hormones and testosterone ... that ain't good. Now that I look at him closer, it kind of looks like a Photoshop job - an old head put on a young body. Great post. You are dead-on: aging is natural - get over it indeed!

Unknown said...

They swear that's really him, not Photoshopped. Yeah, it's a double take, for sure. I find it ...a bit disgusting.

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't like that kind of body, no matter what sort of head it had on top. I prefer my men to resemble real men.

Unknown said...

I couldn't agree more, A. "All brawn, no brain" comes to mind when I see a man muscle-bound like that.

Anonymous said...

As I've said before...some things need to stay covered up.

Unknown said...

Ain't that the truth!