Senator's Case Thrown Out - No Mailing Address

. Wednesday, October 15

There are times when pulling a stunt just doesn't work. In fact, I'd say this one backfired itself right into ridiculousness. Oh, and there's no photo available to go along with it. I think you'll understand why in a moment.

Nebraska State Senator Ernie Chambers filed a lawsuit last year seeking a permanent injunction...against God. He claims that God has made terroristic threats against him and the people of Omaha, and caused "widespread death, destruction and terrorization of millions upon millions of the Earth's inhabitants."

Somehow, some way, Chambers is expecting people to now realize, since he's filed this lawsuit against God, that everyone has access to the courts, rich or poor. (That is a connection I completely fail to see myself.)

The judge dismissed the case with prejudice since the defendant was not properly served and never can be served without a mailing address. Chambers believes that the court ruling proves the existence of God by law, and since He is omniscient, "God knows everything, God has notice of this lawsuit." Chambers believes that this is a loophole that he may use to file for an appeal.

This Senator Chambers sort of reminds me of the other two Senators now running for President of the US. I think they had better run some environmental checks in Washington, DC -- there must be something in the water!

4 comments:

Grandy said...

Please tell me that guy is up for re-election. PLEASE?

Unknown said...

Actually, I think the article said that he's at the end of his last term. Whew!

Grandy said...

Oh I missed that part. Thank GOODNESS!! Something to look forward to this election. ;)

Unknown said...

Yeah, it's about the only thing...