When Less is More, Lots More

. Saturday, December 13

I saw this photo and thought, "great, now techies are reviewing dentist chairs too." Of course it sent a shiver down my spine. Back in the 1960s, my old dentist's exam chair looked just like this one. It just goes to prove that you never can tell when something will pop up to send you back into childhood nightmares.

This is called the Freedom chair, made by Humanscale. It is marketed as lightweight due to the lack of adjustment handles and levers, and because it has a headrest. It's also supposed to be comfortable and stylish and intuitive. I'll just have to take their word for it.

When a product trumpets "it doesn't have this and it doesn't have that," I assume that, because it lacks all of those this and thats, it will be less expensive. Less goes in, so it should cost less. Right? Think again. The price range on this chair runs from $1,180 to $2,750.


2 comments:

Grandy said...

Are we sure that's a DENTIST chair? It looks like I could use it at my desk.

Unknown said...

Oops, my bad. It is an office chair. It just looks like a dentist's chair.